10 August 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: August 10, 1978

Today, I went over to check on one of my old friends, Tracy. I met him 3 years ago, when I last came here to the Ogilvie's house. Unfortuneately, he was away in another part of Florida for a vacation. I have discovered my Aunt's organ (No, not her organs, her organ!). I play it all the time, but my favorite piece to play is Strangers In The Night. I can do it in 9 different versions. Aunt Sherry can't believe how well I play. She said that it took me 1 day and a half to learn what took her 2 years to learn!

***

The organ was one of those Kimball home organs that far too many people had in their home in the 1970s. The "versions" were merely different rhythm settings (i.e., rock, soft rock, samba, etc.). I especially loved playing songs with the "bossa nova" rhythm loop playing.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: August 11, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: