25 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 25, 1978

Today was Queen's Day! Ugh! That means that the boys have to do anything the girls ask them to do. I carried 12 girl's books, and cleaned out 4 girl's desks in drafting. I tied one girl's shoelace. One girl made me walk into class with her (it was not my class), place the books at the desk that she sat at, pull the chair out for her, and then push it back in. I sharpened 2 girl's pencils, got tape for another girl, carried 1 girl's lunch, and the same girl made me go get her English book out of her locker after she had intentionally forgotten it. I was so embarrassed! But, tomorrow is King's day!

***

Yeah, don't think for a single second that I wasn't enjoying every moment of this day. In retrospect, this day was excellent training for my adult life.

(And before you all go there, I'll report the sad news that "sharpened 2 girl's pencils" was not a euphemism.)

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: April 26, 1978

No comments: