26 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 26, 1978

Today, it was a great honor to be a king. I had 8 girls carry my books, one girl tie my shoelaces, one girl carry my lunch, one girl erase the pencil marks on my desk, one girl throw away my trash, 2 3 girls pull out seats for me, etc.! We had a baseball practice today (batting), and I had to bat first because we went to see "Man of La Mancha." I enjoyed the show very much, and Richard Kiley was excellent! It sort of reminded me of Abbot & Costello. Yes, Sancho and Don Quixote, alias Abbot and Costello! Uh, I forgot to say — Queen's day was a shortened day (1:05), and king's day was a regular day. We had longer!

***

I think my review of "Man of La Mancha" shows why I never had future in theater criticism.

Somehow, King's Day seems a lot more creepy/yucky than Queen's Day when I read it on the page.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: April 27, 1978

No comments: