23 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 23, 1978

Today, I had an oboe lesson and Lon Bussell is teaching me how to use vibrato. It's hard, but I'm enjoying it. At 4:00 we had a rehearsal. One of the guys in the play told me about a baseball game that he has, where you use the actual names of the players. He's going to show it to me at tomorrow's rehearsal. We went to Zucky's to eat with the girl who is playing the lead. Her name is Peggy O'Hara. Dad told me that we are going to audition for an Eastern Airlines commercial tomorrow!

***

I loved Zucky's, and had the same thing almost every time I went there: the blueberry blintzes. It was one of those times I could get away with having breakfast for dinner, which I'm sure many of you know should be one of our inalienable rights.

I had a MAD crush on Peggy. Seriously.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: April 24, 1978

No comments: