22 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 22, 1978

Today was picture day at Little League and I had to be there at 10:50. I was there a little early, so I met David Buckband, and we played on the playground equipment until it was time for me to go. I got team pictures plus an individual picture that sorta looks like a baseball card. Then came the game. And WOW! What a game! It went 7 innings, with the Red Sox pulling it out 7-5. I pitched 3 innings and allowed 3 2 runs. My earned run average (including all the games I've pitched) is 9.00! Even though I'm batting .143, I haven't missed a pitch I swing at my last 5 times at bat. But they've been right to them!

***

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: April 23, 1978

No comments: