06 March 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: March 6, 1978

Today is the starting of the 24th school week. It's hard to believe I've come this far. I guess I've been doing pretty [well? good? I left out a word, apparently -mlb] for being in Paul Revere Jr. Hi for my first year. Dad and I have started to play baseball catch because it's getting near baseball season again. I have a baseball practice in 2 days. My team is the Red Sox. I hope it's as good as the team that I played on last year. (The Royals) We have 6 of the same players who were on the royals last year on the Red Sox this year.

***

At this point, my father was almost 74 years old; his days playing catch with me were numbered, as my arm was getting too strong for him.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: March 7, 1978

2 comments:

MJC said...

These posts are great. There's nothing quite like reading the thoughts of a stranger from decades past. I wish I'd kept a journal as a kid.

Marck Bailey said...

Thanks, MJC, that's very sweet. I wish I'd kept this up beyond this one year!