02 February 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: February 2, 1978

Today was a special schedule at school, so we could have a soccer game at lunch. The school is split into 2 sides: The Tasmanian Devils, and the Midnight Riders. I'm on the riders. We won the soccer 3-0. When school let out, we came to the bus loading zone, and our bus wasn't there. We had to wait but one finally came. That night, Laura kept calling me, and finally I got her sister, Leslie, on the phone. I said, "I don't want to hurt Laura's feelings, so you do it. We're breaking up." And I hung up.

***

Oh, you can bet I remember that phone call. Perfectly. This is truly one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

This goes all year. This is how it all started.

To view the next day click: February 3, 1978

No comments: