17 November 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: November 17, 1978

Today we had a just-about-record-breaking crowd of 109 for the show. In fact, there was standing room only! Our good friend Peggy O'Hara (she was the lead in "I Remember Mama — May 18th) came, so I got to sit with her and Tina in the front row and I got to show her some good magic. She said that I was there "as her date". Afterwards, we went to this noisy and college-student-filled-restauraunt (I know I spelled it wrong) called "Yesterday's". I loved it but my parents thought it was too noisy.

***

Man, oh man, was I majorly crushing on Peggy O'Hara. I actually remember this night -- doing card tricks on the floor in front of her seat in the theater. I must have thought I was ridiculously cool. (When in fact, I was merely ridiculous.)

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: November 18, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: