30 July 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: July 30, 1978

Today let me finish my story about last night. I had a plan to trick her. As soon as she left, I placed a towel by the telephone. When she called up, I put the towel over the mouthpiece and brought my voice up a little higher. I said "Room 802." (We were in 801) She Honestly believed that I was that lady! I told her this morning and she still didn't believe me. The reason I told her was because we were leaving the Gorham. Uncle Bud is bringing us out to East Hampton to his summer house. He has a very nice friend that lives with him, Leo, and a wonderful dog, Toby.

***

A "very nice friend." Ah, the innocence of youth. Or rather, the denial of my family and their knack for avoiding telling me the truth.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: July 31, 1978

Missed an entry?
Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: