22 July 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: July 22, 1978

Today we went to the oldest registered battleship in the world. The U.S.S. Constitution. It went through 40 battles without being defeated. It was neat because all the guides on board were wearing 1812 sailor's uniforms. Afterwards, we went to a show about the battle of Bunker Hill. It was called "The Whites Of Their Eyes". It was a really neat show and Mom thought it was very "educating". Mom and I went to the common for a while and I went into the fountain. Tonight we all went to listen to Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.

***

Yeah, I was excited: what I meant was Mom told me we were going to Africa in 1979....

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: July 23, 1978

Missed an entry?
Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: