21 July 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: July 21, 1978

Today was a big day. First, Mr. Mill picked us up (with Andrew and Meg in tow). We then left on a 7-hour tour (guided by Mr. Mill) of Lexington and Concord. It was real exciting seeing where all the first battles and the shot heard around the world happened. Dad told me that there was this tavern, which, over the front door, had a bullet hole with a circle around it, saying "This is the first Shot heard around the world." I figured that the tavern had been torn down, because we didn't find it.

***

Yeah, I was excited: what I meant was Mom told me we were going to Africa in 1979....

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: July 22, 1978

Missed an entry?
Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: