27 May 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: May 27, 1978

Today the Dodgers won (for a change). They beat the San Francisco Giants to fall within 1½ games out of 1st place. The Jones' are going to move all their stuff themselves, so, I got up around 7:30 A.M. and started loading the books in their house into the little pickup they're using. We had a quick breakfast of hamburger patties and baked beans, and went to Cucamonga and unloaded all the stuff. When we got home, Carole, Chris, Mom and I all went to the beach in 82˚ weather. We came home and invited the whole Jones' family over for an outdoor barbecue. We had a super time!

***

I MUST be kidding about the breakfast of hamburger patties and baked beans; even three decades later, I would have likely remembered that.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: May 28, 1978

No comments: