26 May 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: May 26, 1978

Today the Dodgers played the San Francisco Giants, who happen to be the top team in Baseball. Of course, they lost 6-1. Today was our cast party on the beach. Almost everybody was there, and we were out there til 10:00 P.M. Rebecca, Evonne and me were playing tackle football, to close to the water, and the wave tackled us! Later on, my niece, Tina, and I sang songs while I played the guitar. We did almost all the songs I know, & even some of my very old songs that I learned back in '76, such as my dad's favorite, "Feelings."

***

Despite my best efforts (I mean, tackle football? Is that a smooth move or WHAT?), I was not able to woo Evonne at the cast party. I'm sure my stirring rendition of Morris Albert's sappy hit did nothing to help my image. (I mean, my Dad really lobbied for me to play that song at every opportunity. I think it was his way of making sure I didn't have a serious girlfriend.)

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: May 27, 1978

No comments: