07 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 7, 1978

Today was opening night for the L.A. Dodgers. Even though I didn't go to the game, I almost consider it a Highlight Day. They opened in Atlanta playing the Braves. It was official U.F.O. night in Atlanta. And they had funky flying ships all over the stadium before the game. The Dodgers hit a lot of I.F.O.'s last night — namely baseballs! They wiped out the Atlanta Braves, 13-4. Dad and I left in the middle of the game to go see a double-feature at the Bay Theatre. We saw a documentary called "Go For It", and a movie called "Skateboard", about a Skateboard team.

***

Get ready for oodles of dull posts about the Dodgers, friends.

I have ZERO recollection of either of these movies. Will have to check out IMDB to re-familiarize myself with them, though I'm not expecting much....

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: April 8, 1978

No comments: