29 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 29, 1978

Today, (or rather this morning) we played the Orioles and I pitched 3 innings allowing a big 0 in the run column. You may ask "Is that good or bad?" Well, it's not good. It's Great! I lowered my E.R.A. to 5.41. I also had a check-swing double down the 1st base line in 3 at-bats, which brought my batting average from .225 to .250. Unfortuneately, through all that, we still lost 9-2. After I finished pitching, Mr. Schroeder brought in Freddie Bass, and they got 7 or 8 runs off him. Our next practice is on Tuesday and we play the Cards Wednesday.

***

Yeah, these entries are particularly thrilling as I work through my baseball craze. I beg your patience.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: April 30, 1978

No comments: