01 April 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: April 1, 1978

Today was a big day, but not quite big enough to be a Highlight Day. This morning, I had to be at the bowling alley at 8:30, because we had to bowl in the city tournament. When I bowled, I bowled, a 230, a 190 and a 211! April Fools! I suppose you didn't believe me , did you? I bowled a 100, 106 and a 107. After bowling, I came home and pitched a game! I pitched 3 innings, struck out two and allowed only 3 earned runs. But, we still lost 10-2. We play the Braves on Wednesday, and that will be our last practice game.

***

An April Fool's prank in my diary. This, uh, really makes me wonder who I imagined my audience was going to be someday in the future. Especially because one would have to assume that the reader was reading it on April 1st in the future. (Which, I suppose, you just did.)

I'm also not sure on what planet a 9.00 ERA was a good outing in a baseball game. Clearly, I was already preparing to be a Chicago Cubs fan back then.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

To view the next day click: April 2, 1978

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

No comments: