09 January 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: January 9, 1978

Today at school nothing happened but rain. I think about 3 inches of rain fell. I got totally soaked just walking from the bus to my dads car 50 yards away. Ian brought his French girlfriend, Catherine, over for dinner. I think she's a really nice girl. (and good-lookin', too!) After dinner, we left for the airport, so Ian could make his 10:00 P.M. Flight home. He won't get to Texas until 7:00 A.M. tomorrow. We had trouble getting there, because some of the palisades had been caved in from the rain. But we got there.

***

[I should clarify that at the time I lived in Pacific Palisades, California.
]

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.


To view the next day click: January 10, 1978

No comments: