10 January 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: January 10, 1978

It's still raining and I'm getting pretty sick of it. When I woke up this morning, my right arm was sore because the day before, I had to carry Ian's luggage, (and it was very heavy) because when he got out of the car with Catherine, he forgot to get his luggage. So he couldn't check in, and mother and I had to bring it to him! We couldn't go bowling because dad took a spill last night on the wet grass and hurt his leg. But when he gets better, we will go bowling.

***

[I remember Dad's fall on the grass as he headed to a play rehearsal. It never did get better, and he never bowled with me (or anyone else) again. He limped for the rest of his life. Dad was 73 at the time of the fall.]

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

Seriously? Your diary? Yes. Seriously.

To view the next day click: January 11, 1978

No comments: