06 December 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: December 6, 1978

Today I would like to pay tribute to my unbelievable drama teacher, Mrs. Mullin, who has held up for 3 months now against the toughest and worst class of drama she has ever taught. She absolutely can't stand the group and says that at the most, out of a 26-person class, there are maybe 5 (including me) with potential. We are now getting planned for our final scene, which will be coming up 1 week after Christmas vacation. I think I'm going to be doing a scene from the play "A Thousand Clowns" with a guy named Timothy Barry.

***

I actually remember doing this scene well, because we killed when we did it. Tim played the son, I played the father. I SO badly wanted my dad to direct a production of this play with me as the son, but it never happened.

The other thing I remember Tim for was selling me his watch for $5 just before I headed to Africa in 1979; in some village between Meru and Samburu, I traded the watch for a gorgeous machete in a leather sheaf. Probably the best deal I ever made in my life.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: December 7, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: