05 November 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: November 5, 1978

Today (after, last night, being brought back to the school, having Mom pick me up, having a quick Colonel Sanders dinner, driving over and being dropped off at Sean's house, practicing our magic until 1:00 in the morning, finally going to sleep and getting up around 7:00 AM, and having breakfast), we went to Idyllwild. We got up there at 10:30 AM, went over to one of Sean's old friend's house, got set up and did our worst magic show ever. We hadn't practiced enough. Anyway, after doing the show, we came back home, and here I am after a hard weekend back in bed.

***

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: November 6, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

2 comments:

DB Stewart said...

Your old diary is excellent. You're absolutely right about the authentic voice. And yes, I remember the Columbia Record Club too.

Marck Bailey said...

Thanks! Just read a bit of your blog, and I like it, so I'm following it.