29 November 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: November 29, 1978

Today was a happy day. Happy for a number of reasons:
1) We got a call from Chris. It is now a known fact that he will be coming home, however we do not know what day. (This is for Christmas.) Ian has not said a thing, yet.
2) I called up Lisa. It is now only eleven (11) days until I see her at the production of "The Christmas Bear".
3) The Weeses put their house Christmas lights up.
4) I heard my first Christmas commercial of the year, done by Miller's Outpost. Now I'm really in the spirit.

***

Can you imagine a world without Christmas commercials until after Thanksgiving? These days, a local Chicago radio station starts running ads for a Christmas tree web site in early August.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: November 29, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: