22 November 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: November 22, 1978

Today the death toll in Guyana has risen to an incredible 904. When they took a guess at how many bodies there were, little did they know that their 1st estimate would be more than twice what they said. It seems that the leader of the group, Reverend Jim Jones, hated religion, and so he used it to get people into his cult. Gosh, the affects that this incident is taking is amazing. It's all everybody at school talks about, and there's even talk about some of my friend's relatives being in the cult, although I know it's not true. I know some people I wish could have been there.

***

Whoa! Did I really write that? Yes, I did. All I can suggest by way of explanation is that this whole event put me in a particularly dark mood.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: November 23, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: