16 October 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: October 16, 1978

Today, ladies and gentlemen, should be declared memorial day, in memory of those Dodgers, who fought hard in the ending of the season and pulled out at the National League's best team. They swept easily through the first 2 games, but then became the first team to win the first 2 games and then lose 4 straight. It seemed our school was very quiet. But, I cheered some of my freinds up by saying, "Hey, at least they got there, and that's better than 24 other teams I know."

***

You can now see how easily it was for me to transition to being a Chicago Cubs fan.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: October 17, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: