06 September 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: September 6, 1978

Today was nice. Probably one of my favorites — but not good enough to be a highlight day. After having breakfast at Bob's father's bakery (and got stuffed), I was dropped off at Bob's house. I promptly got directions to Tina's house. I quickly took off for her house, and decided I would try a shortcut. I encountered a big friendly black dog. I walked a little farther and met a very small mean dog. After passing him I decided I wouldn't take the shortcut. I turned around and there was the mean dog with a black mean dog. Help! I got away, finally, and got to Tina's house. Best looking girl I ever saw!

***

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 13.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: September 7, 1978

Missed an entry? Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Just how many girlfriends did you have that year?? I've lost count... ;)

Marck Bailey said...

The important thing to understand here is that 13-year-old's extremely LOOSE definition of "girlfriend." If a girl smiled at me and talked to me on, say, more than three occasions, I was likely to classify that girl as a girlfriend.

Rachel said...

I see... being creative with the truth! *rolls eyes* Well, maybe it was an early sign of a budding writer...

Marck Bailey said...

Yes, and it will also make the memoir MUCH more marketable.

(Marcketable?)