03 July 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: July 3, 1978

Today was the beginning of our overnight trip. We are going to Buffalo Peaks. They drove us about 10 miles to the base of the mountain, and then we hiked for about 2 miles. When we got to camp, we set up tarps, and went up to a meadow to play football. When we got back it was almost time for dinner, and a wonderful pineapple upsidedown cake for dessert. After dinner, I pulled out my guitar and played. They all liked it, and we all sang the "Secret O' Life", my last song, together.

***

I find it hard to believe that a group of camp-aged boys all knew the words to a James Taylor album cut. And I still remember that pineapple upside-down cake, cooked on an open fire in a cast-iron skillet. It was delicious.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: July 4, 1978

Missed an entry?
Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: