26 July 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: July 26, 1978

Today was a day of rest! We have had 9 hardworking days in a row, now it's time to go to sleep. I was so tired this morning, I just didn't get up until 10:00. I didn't get dressed until 1:00! At 2:00, we went to my 3rd most favorite musical I've ever seen. It was called "Ain't Misbehavin'." It was a musical that had all the songs that Fats Waller ever wrote or recorded. Afterwards, Mom and I went down to Central Park to fly a mechanical bird I bought in Boston called "Tim". He's imported from France and he works really well.

***

This was the original production, starring Nell Carter (though I remember being more impressed with Charlaine Woodard and Andre DeShields).

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: July 27, 1978

Missed an entry?
Index of all Nothing Much Else Happened entries

No comments: