01 June 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: June 1, 1978

Today was Dad's birthday. Do you know (or want to know) what I bought him? Well, he loves to do crossword puzzles, so, I got him a crossword puzzle dictionary! Mom's getting him a wallet, which Dad says is the same thing he gets every year. It's hard to believe, but I think he's 75 this year. And, I'm only 13. Tomorrow we play the Tigers. It's been 9 days since we've played or practiced, and Dad thinks that Mr. Schroeder has given up on the Red Sox. I, for one, don't believe it. By the way, the Dodgers didn't play today.

***

I was off about Dad's age: He turned 74. While we're at it, I was off about my own age: I wasn't to turn 13 for three more months.

Dad would have been 106 today. I still think of him whenever I work a crossword puzzle.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: June 2, 1978

No comments: