30 May 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: May 30, 1978

Today, the Dodgers played the Padres again, and wiped them out, 10-2. But, even though they're doing pretty well, they're still in third place by 1½ games. Well, it was back to school after a super 3-day weekend. Mr. Farnsworth had not corrected our tests yet (which is no surprise), but he did tell us that we were having one of our toughest tests on plane and solid geometry! So, when I got home, I asked Dad to get my tutor to come tomorrow. She'll be there as soon as I get home tomorrow afternoon.

***

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: May 31, 1978

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Just wondering - did the Dodgers make it into the playoffs that year? (Not that I'm counting the days until they stop being the main theme around here, of course. ;) )

Marck Bailey said...

What, you want me to give away the ending? Spoilsport!

The Dodgers actually made it all the way to the World Series in 1978, but lost to the Yankees 4 games to 2. Undoubtedly, I'll be writing about it when it happens.