13 May 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: May 13, 1978

Today, we were not as lucky in baseball as we were yesterday. The first inning was fine, but after that, oh boy! I wish we could play it over. I pitched 2 good innings of baseball, had a 2-run RBI double, and a lousy game. We lost 9-2, and they got 8 runs off us again, just like before. Errors! I saved our team from getting our first shutout in 3 years with my double with men on 2nd and 3rd in the last inning with 2 men out. I'm now batting .217!

***

Wow. .217 batting average gets an exclamation point. Let it never be said I wasn't a glass-half-full kinda kid.

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.

What's this all about? This is what it's all about.

To view the next day click: May 14, 1978

No comments: