04 January 2010

Nothing Much Else Happened: January 4, 1978

I'm writing from Gladstones restaurant. I'm having Alaskan King Crab legs. Today was progress report day at school. I got straight lines all the way down and that's pretty good. This evening, when I went to my clarinet lesson, a girl had taken my time Mr. McMullen said that he was told that I was starting oboe. He was right, except that I had one more lesson left. Tonight, we went to see "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." It was a very confusing movie. I'll have to go see it again to understand it.

***

[I'm not sure what to make of the fact that I found
Close Encounters of the Third Kind confusing yet apparently Equus made perfect sense to me.]

All punctuation and spelling has been retained precisely as I wrote it 32 years ago at age 12.


To view the next day click: January 5, 1978

No comments: