04 November 2008

NaBloPoMo 4: This Has Nothing to Do with NaBloPoMo or NaNoWriMo

I'm just ... really happy tonight. I was thinking where I was on a night like this 16 years ago, at the apartment of some close friends as we thrilled at the election of Bill Clinton. Boy, does that look like a minor party compared to how I felt watching President-Elect Barack Obama's victory speech in Grant Park tonight. I haven't been that emotionally moved during this whole campaign as I was when he fell into his preacher-like "Yes we can" portion of that speech ... and the moment was intercut with a woman watching at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta.

Things are turning around. And man, does it feel good.

2 comments:

Mary A Brown said...

Marck, As a former resident of Illinois, I felt very proud and happy last night. I hope this is a harbinger of good things ahead. And best of luck to you in your writing but for heaven's sake, please fix the "departmnent" typo in your "about me" blurb!
Your pal from TITM,
Mary

Marck Bailey said...

Thanks!