27 November 2007

NaNoWriMo, Day 26: A Groove of Sorts

A NaNoWriMo "writing buddy" is bemoaning how much crap comes out of this month-long exercise. I'm feelin' that too. That's what the last week or so has been like for me. But tonight I actually felt like I made some progress. Knocked out almost 3,000 words, but more importantly, there's some stuff here that might actually be useful to the story I want to tell.

I feel like I spend a lot of my time jumping back to previous work and adding ideas/reminders to the "Notes" section for each chapter. I'm thinking all the time of inconsistencies that will need to be cleaned up. Yet another thing to add to the editing process! I tell you, I thought that facing the blank page is scary, but I have a feeling the concept of having to edit thousands and thousands of words is pretty damn daunting too.

I'm going to try writing tomorrow while listening to Christmas music. That oughta be an interesting experiment. *grin*

No comments: