19 November 2007

NaNoWriMo, Day 18: En Fuego

So, I didn't get to a café today. It just wasn't going to work with all that we had to do today, and with Zuzu's nap schedule. But I think it worked out okay.

A big shout-out to Laura's mom for taking Piper to go see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium this afternoon. And for Laura, for really falling on her own sword when she then took Piper with her on a trip to many department stores for returns and a little shopping. That left me at home to write as Zuzu took a long nap. (Yeah, thanks to you too, little girl.)

The result: I got into the prep school prank flashback today, and absolutely heated the keyboard with my typing. Part of the reason that this section went as well as it did is because it's based on an incident I experienced in college; all that was left was some huge exaggeration and making everyone involved a little more evil or a little more filled with goodness, and voila . . .

I knocked out almost 4,000 words today.

It's nice to actually be a bit ahead of the game for a change. Laura wants me ahead so that I can actually take Thanksgiving off. Me, I'm feeling more like I need to get these words behind me so that I have a chance in hell of actually reaching the end of my story sometime in the first week of December!

Anyway: Mucho thanks to a very supportive family. It makes a huge difference in this married father of two actually being able to get this thing done.

No comments: