14 November 2007

NaNoWriMo, Day 13: 2nd-Week Blues Arrive Late

For the first time, I've sketched out the story. I have synopses of each of the "sections" (which one might call "chapters," but some of these sections are pretty darn big), and it comes out to a nice, clean, even twenty. Right now, it feels a little hollow, shallow, but it's there. Hopefully I can inject it with some import . . . or pixie dust . . . or maybe just a bunch of raunchy sex scenes to keep the reader engaged.

Yeah, it was a night without much inspiration. I'm stumbling through the after-effects of a hit-and-run accident and trying to figure out what it all means to Walt, to Sherry, to . . . me. I found myself picking up the pace at the end of the night, trying to get things moving again. I'm resisting doing something drastic to my characters to force something to happen. The substance is there . . . I just have to uncover it.

Maybe I'm still on the mend, needing more sleep. Maybe it'll make more sense in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting coincidence--my MC's counselor has told her "What if I told you it doesn't matter what it means? What matters is what we do."

Maybe that helps with the aftermath of a hit and run, I dunno? Thought I'd share. :-)

Hang in there. I know you wanted the pixie dust, but I'm using all mine. However, I have sent some elfin magic.

--fmw, glitter bogart