02 November 2004

Feeling positive.

I'll probably regret posting this in the morning, but ... I'm feeling really positive about the results tonight.

voted at noon today, and of my precinct of 515 voters, my wife and I were numbers 242 and 243. That's almost 50%, even before the big 4-7 p.m. rush. And based on reports I've heard, there are plenty of precinct with much higher turnouts than that. This can only mean good things, I think. It's gonna be an intense night.

I've heard a lot of people saying they don't think we'll have a new President for a few weeks. I feel like we'll know within seven hours. Maybe I'm living in a dream world. We'll see. My only "prediction" I'll make: After reading many reports on Florida voters (and talking with friends and family there), I think Florida is Kerry's. There are just too many pissed off people down there who want revenge on 2000.

We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[Comment transferred from old blog]

Wow, what bad predictions. : )
Of course, hindsight is everything.

I told my best friend I couldn't handle this night without some liquor in me, so we went to Bar Louie's for $1 burger night and some Woodchuck cider. Got home around 9:30pm, watched for a few hours, then went to bed unhappy.

Let's just live in our Democratic town with its Democratic governor, senator, congresswoman, etc. and ignore the rest of the world. If only.