13 January 2004

Incentifying my readers.

Each year, Matt Groening presents a list of Forbidden Words in his alterna-indie strip Life In Hell. Here are his words for 2004:
Absolutely!
Action Items
All-Natural
Big Government
Bling-Bling
Botox Party
Death Tax
Dialogue (v.)
Dope (adj.)
Dubya
Exit Strategy
Extreme
Fair and Balanced
Faith-Based
Functionality
Homeland Security
Impactful
Infrastructure
Jump The Shark
Matrix
Metrosexual
My Bad
No-Spin Zone
Nucular
On Task
Outsourcing
Re-purposing
Restructuring
Re-tooling
Street Cred
Sweet!
Synergy
Tacky
Tax-And-Spend
Tax Relief
Tight!
Wow. "Synergy?" I thought that was soooo 20th Century.

I can only think of one word I really want to add to this list. I attended a conference in December and was listening to some suit talk about marketing to prospective college students. If he used the word incentify one more time in his spiel, I was gonna pee on his PowerPoint presentation.

(And come to think of it, using "suit" to describe a corporate type might also be worthy of this list.)

No comments: