22 January 2004

Mail bag!

It's not often you receive "Happy New Year" cards -- especially three weeks after the event. But yesterday, I was touched by the sweetest note -- from my cable company!

I know they choose to "send the very best" because the envelope flap has the imprint of "Hallmark Business Expressions," but they really went the extra mile with one of the best handwriting fonts I've ever seen. I'm sure I can forgive them for spelling my name wrong -- I mean, AT&T and Commonwealth Edison haven't gotten it right, either. And after the smarmy preprinted portion of the note talking about what a privilege it is to serve me (They are my servant!), their cute faux-writing font informed me:
We also wanted to take this time to let you know your digital package price will not increase in January.
It's Christmas in January! I have ten worry-free days of assured non-increases in my cable bill! Of course, I'm bracing myself for the card they send me February 1.

***

Big thank-you shout-out to Elizabeth for providing my work machine with its new alert sound: The Howard Dean Screech!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[Comment transferred from old blog]

Hey, I didn't get a Happy New Year Card from Comcast. What's up with that?

Marck Bailey said...

[Comment transferred from old blog]

You will now be charged $175.99 for basic cable + HBO. That's the price you pay for one more month of Sex and the City. Happy Viewing!

Anonymous said...

[Comment transferred from old blog]

$175 a month?? Now I need to run home and check my bill.

I think I could live without cable if it weren't for HBO, Comedy Central (The Daily Show)and Bravo (QEFTSG and West Wing reruns).